windbus-error message format

Petitfourg Sébastien keb.scred at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 26 06:36:56 PDT 2008

Hi,

I hope you could help me to investigate and resolve my windbus problem.
I'm using windbus since a few time on win32 api but I'm encountering a problem
with the characters including accents like é,è,ê et í. I've read in the d-bus protocol
that messages must only contain the ASCII characters                 "[A-Z][a-z][0-9]_"
In my application, I have a message constituted of a path and because I'm working on a czech
OS this one have some special character with accent. And testing d-bus i'have seen that any accents
occurs errors. So, I hope you could help about my problem. I have severals questions:
How can I procced to resolve this problem if it's possible?
Do a patch exists to correct this?

The following code generates an error when the invoke_method is called.
This is caused by the "í" character in the word "aplikací". When i replace it
by "i" the problem disappears.

        value  = "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Data aplikací\";

        ::DBus::CallMessage call;
        ::DBus::MessageIter wi = call.writer();

        wi << value;
        call.member("SetOSCurrentUserConfigDir");
        ::DBus::Message ret = invoke_method(call);

Thanks you in advance for your help and for  the work you've made on d-bus.
I hope I could use windbus for my application soon.

Sébastien