windbus-error message format

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Mon May 26 07:31:13 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Petitfourg Sébastien
<keb.scred at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> with the characters including accents like é,è,ê et í. I've read in the
> d-bus protocol
> that messages must only contain the ASCII characters "[A-Z][a-z][0-9]_"
> In my application, I have a message constituted of a path and because I'm
> working on a czech

Values of type OBJECT_PATH must be a subset of ASCII. However, values
of type STRING are UTF-8.

Maybe you are trying to use ISO-8859-* or one of the Windows encodings
instead of UTF-8?

>         wi << value;

The key is what the C++ bindings you're using do in this case, I don't
know the answer to that. If operator<< expects your string to be in
UTF-8 already, then you need to convert to UTF-8.