Using DBus Daemon with TCP and ANONYMOUS authorization

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 17 07:33:22 PST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Schmottlach, Glenn
<GSchmott at harmanbecker.com> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest why I'm seeing this behavior? I thought the ANONYMOUS
> option would cause the daemon to forgo authorization via SCM_CREDS. Does the
> daemon always try to do SCM_CREDS authorization even for non-local (domain)
> sockets? Since I have this in a debugger, I'm able to set breakpoints pretty
> much anywhere so I'm open to investigating this in more detail. I suspect,
> however, that I must not fully understand the expected behavior.

the daemon should try listed auth mechanisms in order (I forget if
it's first in conf file is tried first or vice versa, but the man page
says).

It should continue on and only drop the connection if all mechanisms fail.

So if you have EXTERNAL there, SCM_CREDS would get tried.