DBus Un-activation

David Boucher boudav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:05:16 PDT 2008

Hi,

In my application, the DBus activation of the server works well :-)

When I start a client, if the server is not running, DBus starts it alone.

Now, I want that when all my clients are closed, the server to stop too.

For that, I have two methods in my server interface : Ref and Unref.

Then, each time a client starts, it "refs" the server, and when it
finishes, it "unrefs" the server.
That way, it is possible to stop the server when ref_count <=0.

Is there a better way to stop the server when it is not used ?

When, in my client, the following line is executed:
          proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name(connection, "toto", "/",
"toto.server");

is there a simple way for the server to know there is a client
"knocking on the door" ?

Thanks, I hope my question is not too stupid...

David.