Disconnected in DBusConnection.getConnection

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Wed Sep 17 04:03:47 PDT 2008

On Tue Sep 16 15:43, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Janne Kario <janne.kario at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not trying to call Hello. Hello call occurs when I try to
> > initialize DBusConnection (dbus-java handles the dbus protocol
> > handshake internally). The handshake fails with Disconnected signal.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know dbus-java enough to read that trace very
> well.   However, it does look to me like you're getting disconnected
> very early in the conversation.  That leads me to suspect a bug in
> either dbus-java or JamVM.
>
> Matthew?

Hi guys, sorry I've been silent on this. so far, I've been busy at work.
I hope to be able to catch up soon.

In answer to your questions: I would be surprised if it were a bug in
dbus-java, I'd expect to have seen it by now. I also can say it is
entirely unsupported on JamVM. I'd be interested in a minimal test case
which displays this behavior using Sun, OpenJDK or IcedTea.
Alternatively, if you can confirm that the internat regression test set
passes on JamVM (make test in the upstream source.

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx
D-Bus Java