DBus in a local network

KHOA NGUYEN qa_tridang at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:03:56 PDT 2008

I do not find any documentation ... about this interface Dbus-daemon / tcp socket.
Do you know where I can find some doc. / sample codes to do it ?
Best regards.

VyDaMan> Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:16:25 -0400> From: apenwarr at gmail.com> To: qa_tridang at hotmail.com> Subject: Re: DBus in a local network> CC: dbus at lists.freedesktop.org> > On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM, KHOA NGUYEN <qa_tridang at hotmail.com> wrote:> > I am new to D-Bus. For my project using D-Bus, in order to exchange data> > between applications, D-Bus works well if these applications run in the same> > desktop (host).> >> > But I do not know how to do with D-Bus when these applications run in> > different hosts (Linux RHEL) of the same local network.> >> > Do you have an idea of the solution for this?> > You can have dbus-daemon listen on a tcp socket without much trouble.> Beware, however, that there is no encryption, authentication is> relatively weak, and nobody tests this stuff very much. So DBus may> not be the best choice for inter-computer communication.> > That said, I use it happily in a similar situation, but I also wrote> my own special bus daemon to add SSL support. YMMV :)> > Have fun,> > Avery