Seeking Dbus-Java Binding examples using Jython

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Fri Apr 17 07:58:38 PDT 2009

On Fri Apr 17 10:18, Schmottlach, Glenn wrote:

> While I mention this, your build documentation mentions that the
> D-Bus/Java binding can be built under Windows (you provide a compile.bat
> script I believe). Unfortunately, it requires supporting JARs that
> partly assume a Linux environment and fail building the JNI bindings for
> unix domain sockets. Plus, the D-Bus/Java binding does not build
> completely because there are no provisions for building the language
> resource under Windows (where msgfmt is not typically available). I can
> build the library successfully on Windows (after much hacking) but it
> throws an exception when it tries to get the resource bundle in
> GetText() since the compile.bat script doesn't try to build the
> necessary language resources.

Well, you can build against the unix-socket jar but without the JNI
part, it just needs it to be there at compile time and only the Java
part.

The gettext stuff.. yeah, true.

Main problem is that I don't use windows typically, so I wrote that
once, but it doesn't get testing, so it rots. I'm happy for people to
suggest fixes who do use windows.

> Thanks for the feedback though . . . it appears I'm working in uncharted
> territory.

Yeah, let me know how it goes and if I can do anything to make it
easier.

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx