interface dbus method call

jaikumar Ganesh jaikumarg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:16:14 PST 2009

Correct me if I am reading this wrong:

        reply = dbus_connection_send_with_reply(conn, msg,
                                                &call,
                                                timeout_ms);
        if (reply == TRUE) {
            dbus_pending_call_set_notify(call,
                                         dbus_func_args_async_callback,
                                         pending,
                                         NULL);
        }

is what I am using - so I assume the callback will be called when the
function call times out or is done.
In my case, since timeout_ms = -1, the default timeout value of 25
secs is being used and then the callback returns after the timeout.

As the interface is not up, I would assume the callback to come back
immediately with a failure.

Thanks