interface dbus method call

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Dec 10 23:25:31 PST 2009

Em Sexta-feira 11. Dezembro 2009, às 00.16.14, jaikumar Ganesh escreveu:
> Correct me if I am reading this wrong:
>
>         reply = dbus_connection_send_with_reply(conn, msg,
>                                                 &call,
>                                                 timeout_ms);
>         if (reply == TRUE) {
>             dbus_pending_call_set_notify(call,
>                                          dbus_func_args_async_callback,
>                                          pending,
>                                          NULL);
>         }
>
> is what I am using - so I assume the callback will be called when the
> function call times out or is done.
> In my case, since timeout_ms = -1, the default timeout value of 25
> secs is being used and then the callback returns after the timeout.
>
> As the interface is not up, I would assume the callback to come back
> immediately with a failure.

Nothing happens immediately, except for trying to send a message while you're
disconnected.

The message needs to be sent to the daemon, that will send to the remote
program, which will in turn say that the interface isn't up by replying with
an error, which the daemon will relay back to you.

So your callback will be called. Just wait for it to be called.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358