Unix FD Passing

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Mon May 4 10:44:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, 04.05.09 16:53, Alp Toker (alp at atoker.com) wrote:

Alp,

> Thanks for paying attention to this. ndesk-dbus is actively using 'f'
> for 32 bit single precision floating point values and dbus-java and
> dbus-python support it as well now to some extent too I believe.

Uh. Could you please post this upstream to the spec, then? If it's
that well accepted then this should really be added to the spec!

Is there any kind of nego for float32?

Actually I grepped through ndesk dbus regarding this, but could only
find placeholder lines for the float32 stuff. Hence I assumed there
was more talk about this feature than actual code.

Thanks,

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net