IDL language

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri May 8 12:39:30 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 21:23 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Sexta-feira 08 Maio 2009, às 17:14:01, David Zeuthen escreveu:
> >  o  No-one really installs introspection XML anywhere. And if they did,
> >     it would probably be a dialect anyway.
>
> $ ls -1 /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces | wc -l
> 17

I do that too for my services. The point is that this is not specced out
anywhere (the spec would also specify how to name things; I've seen
things named in different ways in that directory)....

> $ ls -1 $KDEDIR/share/dbus-1/interfaces | wc -l
> 120

... which probably is what led KDE to do it's own thing.

Also, these D-Bus XML introspection files are all different dialects
and, generally, not very useful if you want to generate C or C++ code.

    David