Help needed:-Launch helper exited with unknown return code 0

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Nov 9 08:47:01 PST 2009

Em Domingo 01 Novembro 2009, às 04:34:44, Pooja escreveu:
> Hi Thiago
>
> Thanks for getting back to me .
> I added strace in the service file of service to see what happens when
> service starts up when inviked by the client ,but strangely i get no error
> message now as previously mentioned but it takes a while to start up the
> service and get a response for method call.
>
> Attached are the logs for you to persue.
> Do let me know if you need any other inputs.

Hi

The strace log you sent me indicates that the application connected to the
system bus.

The system bus doesn't need or use the dbus-launch helper.

However, I think I mis-diagnosed the problem. This wasn't a bus activation
issue, but an issue with the system bus service activation. I think this
problem has appeared before, so I suggest searching the mailing list archives
for more information.

Anyway, the launcher helper never returns 0, unless it's run with --help.

That means it's the actual service that exited too soon, somehow.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358