per-user dbus

Havoc Pennington havoc.pennington at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:40:09 PST 2009

There's a ton of user bus discussion in archives. While there are some
use cases most of the good ones require a true user bus not a user-
machine bus. Let's face it most things are per user on all machines or
per all users on one  machine.

I think a user bus would attract stuff that should be designed per
session. Having session and system already confuses the hell out of
people.

It's just too complex relative to value.   Work around its absence.
That's my opinion.

If you did do it, name it user-machine bus not user bus please.