Merging the dbus4win code upstream

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Nov 21 04:50:52 PST 2009

Tor Lillqvist schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I spent some hours cherry-picking most of the commits from the
> dbus4win-noncetcp branch of the dbus4win git repository to the master
> branch of my local clone of the upstream dbus repository.
> (Manually editing when necessary to make the commits apply.) It now builds on
> Windows (using MinGW from MSYS, using autogen.sh and make),
> but I obviously still need to make sure that it also works.
> Once I am reasonably confident in it,
What steps would you make " reasonably confident" - is running the test
cases enough ?
I personally can checkout the git master branch from freedesktop from
time to time and can look if there are problems in the kde on windows
context.
The dbus4win could do similar for their environment.
>  what could/should be done to get it
> upstream? (My local git repository is not accessible from the
> outside.)

The patch should be splitted into smaller pieces like autotool build
system, cmake build system, windows only code fixes, main codes fixes.

Regards
 Ralf