Has anybody ever seen this error: Autolaunch requested, but X11 support not compiled in.?

luying pan luying.pan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 13:00:49 PST 2009

Hi,
   I'm try to run two different versions of dbus on the same centos linux
box, because I can't uninstall the older version due to dependency issues.
However I'd like my program to use the new dbus library. So I tried
installing the newer dbus library to /usr/local/ and setting the system bus
socket to /usr/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket. My dbus library
installed just fine, however on system startup, some of the auto-launch
programs through dbus throw the following error:

DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: dbus-launch
failed to autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but X11 support
not compiled in.
Cannot continue.

Has anybody seen this error and know how to get around it?

Luying