Question related to NameOwnerChanged signal

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Oct 13 13:59:43 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Shakti Ashirvad
<shakti.ashirvad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guyz,
>
> I have been using both native dbus and dbus-glib for quite sometime for an
> embedded device. All applications in our domain is linked to libDbus.
> Recently while working on a performance enhancement and overall health
> diagnostics, I discovered that everytime a process is spawn, DBUS daemon
> broadcasts few signals, which are making every process in the system do
> context switch at least once.

This was significantly improved this year with this commit:

commit dfef72c61c050e7f57e1d2eb601701e0a27827cc
Author: Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org>
Date:   Thu Feb 5 11:17:15 2009 -0500

    Bug 14183 - Listen to NameOwnerChanged using arg0 matching

    This is more efficient - we avoid waking up every dbus-glib using process
    when a process joins or leaves the bus.