Does dbus required x11? dbus-launch query

Nirav Rabara nirav.rabara at matrixtelesol.com
Wed Sep 9 07:33:25 PDT 2009

dbus-monitor --session
Failed to open connection to session message bus: dbus-launch failed to
autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but X11 support not compiled
in.
Cannot continue.

Does x11 required for dbus-launch ???

full Senior is as below...

I am using dbus in my custom board(arm). I have cross compile dbus and
install on my board.
I have configure dbus without x11.(I dont need x11 because i have been using
qt/embedded, for communication of two qt application i m using dbus).
I am able to launch system bus and session bus.

using eval 'dbus-launch --auto-syntax'
its show me the dbus session bus pid ...

but when i try to see dbus-monitor --session , it show me
Failed to open connection to session message bus: dbus-launch failed to
autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but X11 support not compiled
in.
Cannot continue.

your suggestion would be a great help for me.....