Does dbus required x11? dbus-launch query

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Sep 9 10:00:56 PDT 2009

Em Quarta-feira 9. Setembro 2009, às 17.33.25, Nirav Rabara escreveu:
> dbus-monitor --session
> Failed to open connection to session message bus: dbus-launch failed to
> autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but X11 support not
>  compiled in.
> Cannot continue.
>
> Does x11 required for dbus-launch ???

Required? No, it's jut recommended.

X11 support in dbus-launch allows it to do bus autostarting. When an
application tries to use D-Bus and it isn't running yet, it starts and then
records the information on the X11 server.

If you cannot or choose not to have X11 support enabled, you need to ensure
that the bus daemon is started before any applications that may use D-Bus.

Do:
	eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

> full Senior is as below...

What's a full senior?

> I am using dbus in my custom board(arm). I have cross compile dbus and
> install on my board.
> I have configure dbus without x11.(I dont need x11 because i have been
>  using qt/embedded, for communication of two qt application i m using
>  dbus). I am able to launch system bus and session bus.
>
> using eval 'dbus-launch --auto-syntax'
> its show me the dbus session bus pid ...

That's the right way. It starts a bus and prints the information.

But note that it's backticks, not forward ticks (it's `, not ').

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009