moving file descriptor passing into a header

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Apr 14 02:07:39 PDT 2010

> One can argue whether dbus is designed for Unix, nevertheless, it
> becomes so omnipresent that you cannot port many FOSS applications if
> you don't have it.

My colleague Fridrich beat me in answering, and I agree fully with what he says.

And I would like to thank the KDE-on-Windows people for doing much of
the hard work in making dbus work / keeping it working on Windows.
Only small changes were needed to build it in the more "GNOMEish"
fashion in the openSUSE Build Service.

Let's just hope that there won't be any uninteded break in
interoperability between dbus binaries built for "KDE on Windows" and
dbus binaries built for "GNOMEish" apps on Windows. Hopefully we agree
that the intended situation is that even if a user has several
instances of dbus binaries installed (one bundled with each app, or
set of apps, from the same source), at most one instance of the
session bus (the first one to be started) will actually be running at
any time in a session, and the libraries in the other installations
will find it.

--tml