dbus remaining windows port issues was Re: moving file descriptor passing into a header

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Apr 21 02:06:19 PDT 2010

Colin Walters schrieb:
<snip>
> As part of doing this, can someone working on the Windows stuff give
> me the 1,000 meter overview of where we are on that port with regards
> to trying to make a real release of the 1.4 tree?

dbus-daemon and library is usable for the KDE on windows distribution.

There are still issues with the the test suite. A few has been already
fixed, the other need to be fixed.

Known Issues:
1. bus-test unix related test config files need to be excluded, made
cross plattform or need to be duplicated for windows

Testing valid files:
    many-rules.conf
Unknown username "root" on element <deny>
Unknown group "root" on element <deny>
Unknown username "root" on element <deny>
Unknown group "root" on element <deny>
    system.conf
Unknown username "root" in message bus configuration file

2 there is sometime a communication problem between client and server,
which are in the same application

bin\bus-test: Running SHA1 connection test
Did not receive a message on 002CD6C0, expecting NameOwnerChanged
File
"G:\Daten\kde\download\svn-src\dbus-freedesktop-src-ssh\bus\dispatch.c"
line 701 process 3536 should not have been reached: didn't get the
expected NameOwnerChanged (deletion)
 messages

when running bus-test with

set DBUS_VERBOSE=1
bin\bus-test 2> error.log

the problem does not occur.

bin\bus-test: Running SHA1 connection test
bin\bus-test: checking for memleaks
It looks that there is a timing problem between server and client.

3. message dispatch problems

bin\bus-test: Running message dispatch test
-> a message windows pops up displaying a message that  test-service.exe
could not be correctly initiated (0xc01500004)

the verbose log contains:

3944: [dbus\dbus-connection.c(4272):dbus_connection_get_dispatch_status]
UNLOCK
Did not get the expected org.freedesktop.DBus.TestSuiteEchoService from
ListNames
File
"G:\Daten\kde\download\svn-src\dbus-freedesktop-src-ssh\bus\dispatch.c"
line 4564 process 3944 should not have been reached: ListActivatableNames
 message failed

that's all for now.

Regards
 Ralf