[HEADS-UP] D-Bus 1.4.0 by the end of this week!

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Mon Aug 23 06:00:54 PDT 2010

On Mon, 23.08.10 13:46, Christian Dywan (christian at lanedo.com) wrote:

> > just wanted to remind everybody that I am planning to roll D-Bus 1.4.0
> > by the end of this week.
> >
> > Given that there has been no push in getting the previously mentioned
> > new features (MAYBE and suchlike) ready in time, this release will
> > ship without them and be called 1.4.0.
>
> You mean "no review", not "no push". As far as I'm aware the features
> were desired to be merged for 1.4.0. Of course if nobody has time for
> review the net result is the same.

Well, which patch in particular are you referring to?

I have seen no patch posted on the ML that required review (except for
some windows stuff) since I sent the original mail about 1.4.0. In fact
I have not seen a single message from you at all in that time. And going
through
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2010-August/thread.html I
come to the conclusion that spam filter didn't eat any mails.

If you want to get somebody to review your patches, then post (or
repost) them on the ML, or nag somebody suitable on IRC.

Note that there is not really an active maintainer for D-Bus. I do
releases because nobody else does, but I am not actively going through
bugzilla and fixing up patches and merge them. Or in other words, if I
said "push" I meant that it's your own duty to find somebody to review
your stuff. If you try, you will find, but given the no-real-maintainer
state D-Bus is in, you need to try, things won't happen automatically
for you, and just dropping a patch somewhere will not suffice. So,
really, push harder.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.