dbus_g_proxy_call failed to get a reply. SOLVED

Zhang Guo-Jun gavin_zhang_cn at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Feb 25 00:09:48 PST 2010

Hi

    I'm trying to call a function that is in ipcserver process from ipcclient.

I follow the example in
http://folks.o-hand.com/iain/single-instance-with-dbus/making-single-instance-programs-with-dbus.html.

Calling org_myorg_SingleInstanceInterface(...) which would call
dbus_g_proxy_call, a error message is got after long time of waiting:
Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include:
the remote application did not send a reply,
 the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired,
or the network connection was broken.

   I look for the problems, but failed. Both single_instance_factory_class_init and
single_instance_factory_init (SingleInstanceFactory *factory) in the
server were called.  The proxy
 value in the client I got was a valid
value as well.

   Could you help me to figure it out? Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

The problem was solved.

The reason to that is the event loop i adopting is ecore loop. When GMainLoop is added
the dbus_g_proxy_call was return in a flash.

  GMainLoop *mainloop;
  mainloop = g_main_loop_new (NULL, FALSE);

  g_main_loop_run (mainloop);

thanks very much for your care.

cheers!