DBus Glib Send Signal - No signals being emitted.

Dan Saul daniel.saul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:14:33 PST 2010

Hi,

I am attempting to send a signal out over the session message bus. I am able
to call methods fine using d-feet dbus debugger with no problem.
Unfortunately d-feet does not allow you to connect to signals to debug
those. In replacement I am using dbus-monitor "type='signal'" to see if
anything is sent. So far this works except for anything that I send.

My assumption is that when one calls dbus_g_connection_register_g_object
(connection, path, object); it registers all methods,properties, and signals
located within your introspection xml file. This would appear to hold true
because before I added them dbus would complain about the signals not
existing.

I attempt to dispatch a signal using
`g_signal_emit_by_name(self,"application_identifier_changed","some new crazy
aid",NULL);` . This functions within the app itself, I can connect to the
signal and it does trigger. However nothing appears within dbus monitor. I
must be missing something simple.

Here are the files involved.
main.c http://pastebin.com/m4591bf2f
main.h http://pastebin.com/m227cff1b