Dbus Java - addSigHandler - GNU Classpath

Logi Harmoni logihards at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:11:33 PST 2010

Hi Ed, Matthew,

Just would like to followup on your conversation from Sept. 09.  I am
new to DBus and DBus-java.  Trying to get an embedded system build
with Poky (OE) to work with DBus and Java.  For java VM we are using
JamVM that works with GNU classpath.  Looks like I run onto same issue
that Ed reported in that tread.  I am getting following when run
'jamvm -verbose ....':

[Linking class org/freedesktop/DBus$Error$MatchRuleInvalid]
[Loaded org/freedesktop/DBus$Error$MatchRuleInvalid]

I interpret that as Error MatchRuleInvalid.

Tried the same code on host Debian and the test works fine with Sun
Java.  Really looks like same symptoms.

Ed, you mentioned about some patch for GNU Classpath.  Is there a
patch for classpath-0.98 (this is what we are using) that addresses
this issue and may be some other ones related to dbus-java?  Or is
there any workaround to get dbus-java work with GNU Classpath?

Thanks a million for any help and inside about integrating dbus-java
in system that uses GNU Classpath.  If more info and/or debug output
or else would be useful please let me know and I will post it.

Best regards,
logihards