Dbus Java - addSigHandler - GNU Classpath

Ed Hemphill ed at izuma.net
Sat Jan 23 18:39:15 PST 2010

Logi:

The issue we discussed in that thread ended up being an issue in GNU
Classpath 0.98 with Class.getSimpleName()

I reported it to the Cacao dev team (the VM I am using) and they got
feedback from Classpath that they would fix it. I didnt have time to wait,
so made the attached patch.

However, we ended up running into yet another issue with the DBus java
bindings on Cacao, and just decided to drop dbus entirely for our project
(can't remember what). Perhaps something needs the management interface,
which Cacao does not fully implement. So you may end up with other issues
down the road based on your VM...  In the end DBus was just a little too
heavy weight for us anyway - although excellent for its main application.

-Ed