working towards 1.2.18, and a note for developers

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jan 28 12:25:51 PST 2010

Hi,

Just a quick note that I'm working towards a 1.2.18 release, in
particular trying to clean up the huge number of patches Fedora (at
least) is shipping and get this stuff upstream.

One thing I should note, particularly for new committers like Will and
Simon, is that the way Thiago has the branches set up, it's intended
that you commit to the dbus-1.2 branch first, and then merge that to
master.  There were some patches like the timeout fix which were only
on master.

For the 1.2 branch I'm about to push the timeout fix, some of Will's
changes for dbus-monitor cleanliness, but I'm skipping the match rule
optimizations for now (we can revisit it, I'm just focused on the
really important crasher/reliability patches for now).

At the current point instead of trying to merge 1.2 to master I'm
cherry picking because there's a lot of divergence at this point.