Regarding reception of signals and messages sent from qt application to dbus-glib application.

Mukesh Savaliya Mukesh.Savaliya at MatrixComSec.com
Mon Jul 5 23:32:17 PDT 2010

Hello all,

 I m trying to make a full communication between a qt and non-qt
application. I can call every function of myclass inside qt ,using
proxycall.

And its working fine.

Now, in order to send and receive messages and signals to and from qt and
nonqt application, I am doing this.

I am sending a signal with message as described @
http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq20-dbus.html, as below.

QDBusMessage <http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qdbusmessage.html>  message =
QDBusMessage <http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qdbusmessage.html>
::createSignal("/", "com.mycompany.ping", "ping");

message << "Hello, just wanted to say that I'm here.";

bus.send(message);

But, I don't know how can I receive this message and signal. What slot/logic
should I implement?
I don't know about dbus-glib, high level API, which can receive above
message and signal?

Please, forgive me with my poor English.

With regards,
Mukesh.