My called qt- function from dbus-glib application is not running.

Alban Crequy alban.crequy at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 03:23:31 PDT 2010

Le Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:41:35 +0530,
"Mukesh Savaliya" <Mukesh.Savaliya at MatrixComSec.com> a écrit :

> Dear All,
>
> I have written simple code in this way:
> DbusGConnection *connection;
> DbusGProxy *proxy= dbus_g_proxy_new_for_peer (connection,
> DBUS_PATH_DBUS,DBUS_INTERFACE_DBUS);

How do you initialise 'connection'? Is it really a peer-to-peer D-Bus
connection between 2 applications (in this case dbus-monitor will not
show anything), or do you want to use the session bus (in this case,
you should not use dbus_g_proxy_new_for_peer() but
dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name()).

In most case, the session bus should be used with code such as:

DbusGConnection *connection = dbus_g_bus_get (DBUS_BUS_SESSION, NULL);
DbusGProxy *proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name (connection,
  "com.matrixcomsec.videoplayer", "/com/matrixcomsec/videoplayer",
  "com.matrixcomsec.videoplayer");

--
Alban