passing structure with dbus asynchronous call.

Mukesh Savaliya Mukesh.Savaliya at MatrixComSec.com
Mon Jul 19 06:33:37 PDT 2010

Thanks.

 I have seen this way back. But still it's not that what I want.

In my case marshaller will not work. Because the structure I will send,
doesn't contain fix elements. I have only the reference to a structure.

I have tried using GPtrArray and GArray ,and can see the whole stucutre data
in dbus-monitor with signature 'aay'. But I find difficult to receive this
on qt side. Because I am not able to implement a method in qt with the
arguments which matches with the 'aay' signature.

Pleae reply me some one from this onward.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tanmay Mande [mailto:tanmay at gslab.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 6:48 PM
To: Mukesh Savaliya
Subject: Re: passing structure with dbus asynchronous call.

Hey Mukesh,

haven't implemented a structure passing on dbus. But searched a bit
after reading your post.
May be you have seen this already but I will be glad if it helps. Check
out following links:

http://kassoulet.blogspot.com/2007/05/returning-complex-array-with-dbus-glib
.html
http://laurii.info/articles/2007/03/22/dbus-and-qt-programming

I think I had found some example code some time back while googling for
something similar. Couldn't find it today though. Try googling a bit
harder, see if it helps.
Let me know how you did it once you are done.

Best luck,
Tanmay