Webcam (v4l2 source) available to remote session

Stuart Doherty stu.doherty at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 04:18:53 PDT 2010

Okay, thanks for humouring me anyway.  I'll throw this reply back in case
someone else makes my mistake in the future.

My webcam is built in to my monitor, and my system is set to suspend the
monitor after 10 minutes of inactivity, which also happens to turn off the
webcam.  It takes me 10 minutes to drive to work, so thats why the device
was disappearing.

Sorry for the junkmail.

Stu