<serviicedir> in: "system-local.conf" not found at boot.

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Mar 31 14:47:49 PDT 2010

I am still working on the instructions on how to build and configure
KDE-4 from source and need some information.

I have created a: "system-local.conf" file which contains:

   <servicedir>/usr/KDE-4.4/share/dbus-1/system-services</servicedir>

It appears that the "*.service" files in that directory are not read and
the libexec files the point to are not executed at boot.  So, I moved
the line to: system.conf and it works.  Is this a bug, or just the way
it works?  Should I expect the same thing with:

   <servicedir>/usr/KDE-4.4/share/dbus-1/services</servicedir>

in: "session-local.conf"?  Is there a way to tell if these "*.service"
files have been read?

Help will be appreciated not only by me but those that build KDE-4 from
source and are having problems with KAuth.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch