Clarification on some bus behaviour

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 05:29:52 PDT 2010

On 08/09/10 15:13, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Am 08.09.2010 14:19, schrieb Will Thompson:
>> On 08/09/10 13:02, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> Thank you. I'd say apply the patch.
>>
>> Done. Time to figure out how to update the spec on the website.

Okay! I've binned the non-working, CVS-using script from 2007 which
purported to upload documentation in favour of `make -C doc
maintainer-upload-docs`. Branch at
<http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/wjt/dbus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/documentation-build-system>.

There's a sub-branch of that,
<http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/wjt/dbus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/build-trivia>,
which is just build system trivia.

Unfortunately...

> If you get access please let me know - session.conf refers to a dtd
> which isn't available on the website too
>
> <!DOCTYPE busconfig PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-Bus Bus Configuration
> 1.0//EN"
> "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/busconfig.dtd">
>
> -> redirects to http://standards.freedesktop.org/dbus/1.0/

while the new rule tries to upload the DTDs (including this missing
one), I don't have write access to
/srv/specifications.freedesktop.org/www/dbus/1.0 on annarchy. Havoc,
it's owned by yourself and group-owned by standards; maybe you could
grant write access to those in the 'dbus' group?

Thanks,
--
Will