Low-level API: dbus_bus_get() + dbus_connection_set_exit_on_disconnect() in a library

Michał Górny mgorny at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 16 08:10:39 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm developing a small library using the D-Bus low-level API. I'd like
to use the dbus_bus_get() function but it seems that calling
dbus_connection_set_exit_on_disconnect(..., FALSE) on a connection
returned by that function is a bad idea.

The case I'm considering is that some application is using
dbus_bus_get() internally and wants D-Bus to exit on disconnect. If my
library gets the same connection using dbus_bus_get(), will calling
dbus_connection_set_exit_on_disconnect(..., FALSE) override
that application's preference?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny