Needed help in Asynchronous DBus method call using low level APIs

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 30 00:39:17 PDT 2011

On Monday, 29 de August de 2011 23:39:40 Kuladeep wrote:
> Thanks for your valuable reply..  I modified my code such that unreferring
> of pending object is done in the function which
> dbus_pending_call_set_notify( ) will notify i.e function() in the code. but
> still there is no luck..
>
> If you wish to receive the reply, you must wait for the reply to arrive
> before
> you unref the "pending" object. I am no clear about this. waiting in what
> sense.. if we are waiting it wouldn't be asynchronous right..!! correct me
> if i am wrong. can u share me some sample code if possible..!!?

I meant wait in the sense of "wait in the main loop". Let the application run
and the main loop do its job. When the reply is received, your main loop code
should call D-Bus to process it.

Hint: please, please, please consider using a binding. Do not use the low-
level API.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358