1.4.1, 1.5.0, 1.6

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 06:35:17 PST 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 at 16:53:37 +0300, Pavel Strashkin wrote:
> Looks good, but there is no any word about Solaris. Why?

I've mainly been working from the D-Bus Bugzilla, which doesn't seem to have
any Solaris bugs with patches. I see you've posted some patches to this
mailing list; I'll try to pick those up, but I'm likely to forget about
anything that's not in Bugzilla (there's already enough in Bugzilla to keep
me busy for months!).

D-Bus has the problem that most of the maintainers are primarily working on
something else, and can only spare a small amount of time for D-Bus; if a
patch goes to the mailing list when the maintainers are all busy, it's
unlikely to go in. I'm currently able to focus on D-Bus for a while, which is
why I'm trying to drive the 1.4 release process.

To be honest, my highest priority is that D-Bus works well on Linux, and
I suspect the other maintainers feel the same, but the easier you make it
for us to review your patches, the more likely they are to be merged.

    Simon