Changing dbus/dbus-glib review procedure
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 17 07:18:16 PDT 2011
People may have noticed that there's a bit of a backlog of fixed bugs
awaiting review; unfortunately, it seems all the reviewers are busy on other
things at the moment.
I propose to make these changes to the review procedure:
* Add David Zeuthen (GDBus maintainer) to the list of qualified reviewers.
This hopefully shouldn't be controversial; Will Thompson has said he's in
favour of this addition too.
* Relax the review requirement for branches written by someone who's also a
reviewer: the D-Bus reviewers listed in HACKING may commit branches they
wrote themselves, as long as:
- the change does not add or change API, ABI or wire-protocol
- there are no objections from the other reviewers listed in HACKING within
some reasonable time (1 week?) of the patches being added to Bugzilla
- the committer gets a positive review on Bugzilla from someone they
consider qualified to review that change (not necessarily someone who's
a dbus committer yet: for instance, Cosimo Alfarano is working on D-Bus
and related packages with me at the moment, and I'd like to treat his
reviews as sufficient, at least for things like leak fixes and
More information about the dbus