Changing dbus/dbus-glib review procedure

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 17 07:18:16 PDT 2011

People may have noticed that there's a bit of a backlog of fixed bugs
awaiting review; unfortunately, it seems all the reviewers are busy on other
things at the moment.

I propose to make these changes to the review procedure:

* Add David Zeuthen (GDBus maintainer) to the list of qualified reviewers.
  This hopefully shouldn't be controversial; Will Thompson has said he's in
  favour of this addition too.

* Relax the review requirement for branches written by someone who's also a
  reviewer: the D-Bus reviewers listed in HACKING may commit branches they
  wrote themselves, as long as:

  - the change does not add or change API, ABI or wire-protocol

  - there are no objections from the other reviewers listed in HACKING within
    some reasonable time (1 week?) of the patches being added to Bugzilla

  - the committer gets a positive review on Bugzilla from someone they
    consider qualified to review that change (not necessarily someone who's
    a dbus committer yet: for instance, Cosimo Alfarano is working on D-Bus
    and related packages with me at the moment, and I'd like to treat his
    reviews as sufficient, at least for things like leak fixes and
    regression-test improvements)

Thoughts?

Regards,