How to verify the capability of dbus IPC between two machines

Pavel Strashkin pavel.strashkin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:34:13 PST 2011

1. Check for "--address" option of "dbus-send". It could look like
"dbus-send --address=tcp:host=192.168.0.1,port=1234 ...".

2. Check for dbus-daemon man page and how it can be configured. There
is "listen" tag which accepts the same address format as i showed
above (host can be "0.0.0.0" if you'd like to listen on all available
interfaces).