Python / C++ application D-Bus usage issues

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 21:17:59 PST 2012

2012/12/17 Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com>:
> Hey Thiago. I think that's probably what I need to do, but I don't know
> how to emit a signal from the Python side without creating a proxy
> object. The documentation for dbus I am finding fairly convoluted and
> relevant example code difficult to find.

The example here

  http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-python/doc/tutorial.html#emitting-signals-with-dbus-service-signal

seems pretty straight-forward and exactly what you are trying to do.
There's a typo in it ("path" rather than "object" path) but otherwise
it seems to work when prefixed with the following imports:

  import dbus
  import dbus.service
  from dbus.mainloop.glib import DBusGMainLoop

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi