Python / C++ application D-Bus usage issues

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Dec 16 22:06:21 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 07:17 +0200, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> The example here
>
>   http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-python/doc/tutorial.html#emitting-signals-with-dbus-service-signal
>
> seems pretty straight-forward and exactly what you are trying to do.
> There's a typo in it ("path" rather than "object" path) but otherwise
> it seems to work when prefixed with the following imports:
>
>   import dbus
>   import dbus.service
>   from dbus.mainloop.glib import DBusGMainLoop

Hey Kalle. Unfortunately I already tried the decorator approach. I get
the following unhandled exception thrown:

@dbus.service.signal(dbus_interface='com.myproject.MyInterface',signature='Ready')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/decorators.py", line 330, in
decorator
    sig = tuple(Signature(signature))
ValueError: Corrupt type signature

This was the decorated Python method...