dbus / python / windows again

Christoph Höger christoph.hoeger at tu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 4 05:59:39 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

just a short update: Anyone who wants to run dbus servers from within
Python3 should be able to do so now under Windows.

I forked and built gobject-introspection to work with windows/python3
[1], so by using dbus-python-cmake [2] and pygobject-cmake  [3], you
should be able to compile your dbus environment under windows.

[1] https://github.com/choeger/dbus-python-cmake
[2] https://github.com/choeger/gobject-introspection
[3] https://github.com/choeger/pygobject-cmake

Note, that this is currently basically untested (I just recently started
and introspected a dbus service from python). So it _should_ work, but
there is currently no support whatsoever. I don't know when I am going
to find the time to write documentation on the whole stack.

If you like this work, put some pressure on the upstream maintainers to
pick up and merge my patches ;).

--
Christoph Höger

Technische Universität Berlin
Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen

Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (30) 314-24890
E-Mail: christoph.hoeger at tu-berlin.de