dbus-glib patch: Improved error message for GetAll(...) with invalid interface name

Stefan Brüns stefan.bruens at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 20 14:53:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

although dbus-glib is deprecated in favor of GDbus, I have 2 patches which
helped me find calls to org.fd.DBus.Properties.GetAll(...) with an invalid
interface. (Malicious program was calling GetAll on the wrong object ...).

The first patch just outputs a useful error message (without, you get an
"unimplemented", IIRC), the second patch creates a list of valid interfaces
for the object and appends this list to the error message.

Regards,

Stefan
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
phone: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019