Two interfaces in the same process

bogdanul2003 bogdanul2003 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:24:08 PDT 2012

I use glib bindings for dbus and got into the fallowing situation: I receive
a method call on interface X. During the execution of the callback of the
first method call another process sends another methocall on the same
interface X. The second method call will be served after the first call back
returns.
I want to avoid this by making two interfaces in the same process. One
method call will be send to interface X and the other method call to
interface Y. Will interface Y be blocked if a method call is handled on
interface X ? I can't use async calls for the method call on interface X
(major changes would be required to do so).
DBus has one message queue per process? If so I think that two interfaces in
the same process will not solve the problem.
If you will create more then one gloop per process will you have more then
one message queue?

Thanks,
Bogdan