libdbus vs libgio

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:21:29 PDT 2012

hi;

On 7 September 2012 15:48, Sanel Zukan <sanelz at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is quite sad. Instead we all rely on single implementation (libdbus)
> and build desired bindings on it, what we will end up with?

with different implementations of the DBus protocol.

> glib guys should either put gdbus as separate library or Emacs
> (and similar) projects should fork glib without gdbus...

that is a ridiculous statement.

even if gdbus were to be a separate library, the libraries used by
Emacs would still depend on that library, not on libdbus.

I won't even comment on the uninformed suggestion of "forking glib".

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/