Fwd: Results of the freedesktop summit

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Wed Apr 17 05:16:41 PDT 2013

On Tue, 16.04.13 08:14, Thiago Macieira (thiago at kde.org) wrote:

> On terça-feira, 16 de abril de 2013 16.13.01, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Em Tue, 2013-04-16 às 07:02 -0700, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> > > Before I start calling this a conspiracy, let me ask here:
> > >
> > > Has anyone from the (current) D-Bus community got any knowledge of what
> > > the
> > > (kernel) D-Bus guys are doing? Despite asking several times for it, they
> > > have not shared details with us, they have not posted their source code,
> > You mean like this?
> > https://github.com/gregkh/kdbus/commits/master
>
> Could be. Is that the tree where things are being developed? On one hand, it
> was never announced, no details were ever shared. On the other, the repository
> seems to be 2 months old and have 415 commits, so it seems to be
> active.

It was on greg's blog, it was on LWN! It was discussed on Google
Plus. It was discussed on various IRC channels.

You know, there's a Linux community beyond the D-Bus ML. It sometimes
is quite a good idea to look your own nose if you want to know what
people experiment with.

> The README says "Seriously, don't look at this yet" and "If you wish to talk
> to me about this code base, please reconsider".

Yeah, and that's true. There's nothing to discuss in the greater
community yet. Just develop some patience, please.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.