Starting the kdbus discussions

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Mon Dec 30 11:40:17 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 07:00 +0000, Alp Toker wrote:

> The vendor politics is a matter for you and Ted -- as a discussion it's
> going nowhere fast, can you carry that off-list?

I don't see it that way.  I see this as a question of whether the DBus
community wants DBus to become a part of systemd (for all practical
purposes it would be).  While that has vendor implications as different
vendors ship different parts of systemd, I don't think it's
fundamentally a vendor issue.

If I'm the only one that is interested in DBus being independent, I'm
happy to shut up.  What I see currently is no one discussing it (though
it is a typical time that many people have holidays, so they may be not
checking e-mail, which is a perfectly valid thing to do).

Ted