Starting the kdbus discussions

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Mon Dec 30 18:55:24 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 21:08 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Sun, 29.12.13 23:12, Ted Gould (ted at gould.cx) wrote:
> > What I don't see is a kdbus spec that is independent of systemd.  It
> > seems that all the relevant details live in the systemd repository.
> > Perhaps we could see the spec itself migrated out of the systemd
> > repository?
>
> The software implementation I have been working on will certainly stay
> in the systemd repository. And right now there is no spec for kdbus, at
> all, just the terse overview I put together and linked here that is
> supposed to be basis for discussion. The goal here is to make sure this
> stuff ends up in the dbus specification maintained on fdo.

Ah, so what you've linked to here you don't believe to be a spec of
kdbus.  I thought you were saying that those documents were the spec.
Hence the confusion.

I'd prefer that the KDBus specification be independent of the DBus one
so that we can track what dbus-daemon and others are implementing.

Ted