how to restart dbus-daemon

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at youview.com
Fri Feb 1 01:34:10 PST 2013

What do you mean by "parent process"?
Use pstree -ps fpr the dbus-daemon process and for your "parent" process
(whichever it is) to learn the relationships.

Why do you ever want to do this?  If this is because you've changed the
configuration, then send SIGHUP.  If the configuration changes can be
picked up by the daemon without kicking everyone off the bus, then
you're done.  Otherwise you need to reboot the system.

Kris