GDBusConnection

Bogdan boguslaw.lotko at chello.at
Tue May 7 13:17:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to switch from D-Bus GLib to GDBus.

In my old code I've been using the  dbus_g_bus_get() for the DBUS_BUS_STARTER and DBUS_BUS_SESSION and the
dbus_g_connection_open() for TCP connections.

In the new code I am using g_bus_get_sync for the  the DBUS_BUS_STARTER and DBUS_BUS_SESSION, but what shall I use for TCP server?
The description of the g_dbus_connection_new_for_address_sync() method says:
"This constructor can only be used to initiate client-side connections - use g_dbus_connection_new() if you need to act as the server."
The  g_dbus_connection_new() method "Synchronously sets up a D-Bus connection for exchanging D-Bus messages with the end represented by stream." - but I don;t need any stream!
Or is my application still meant as a D-Bus client (though it will be server / service for other applications ) and the  g_dbus_connection_new_for_address_sync() method  is OK to obtain a DBus connection?

Is there any example how to use this method to construct a D-Bus server/service listening on TCP address?

Thanks for your help,

with best regards,

Bogdan