porting of Dbus on mipsel platform

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed May 8 11:09:43 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 8 de maio de 2013 18.42.26, kumar undurthi wrote:
> Hi Thanks for the support. It helped.
>
>     Now I am struck with below listed query. How I can create UID & GID.
> To which user I have to create. (Please provide me a example)

I really want to repeat Simon's advice: please use an existing Linux
distribution for your device, or a use a distribution-maker like Yocto. It
will take care of all those small details.

Do not use the BSP from your vendor. It's probably outdated and you'll have a
lot of headache trying to make it work.

> Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for
> username "messagebus"

Looks self-explanatory to me. The user "messagebus" does not exist.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358