porting of Dbus on mipsel platform

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 8 05:02:59 PDT 2013

On 07/05/13 20:04, kumar undurthi wrote:
>      I am trying to build Dbus on mipsel platform.

D-Bus works fine on mipsel platforms (e.g. in Debian). What's not
working is your setup for D-Bus in your particular embedded OS (which
you haven't told us).

I would recommend using an existing software distribution (here is a
random selection of software distributions: Debian, OpenWRT, Yocto). If
you absolutely *must* construct your own, you will need to solve
problems like this as part of that process.

>    2-> ./configured --prefix=/home/Desktop --host=mipsel.... ...

I can tell that's not what you did, because the script is called
"configure", not "configured". Please be precise, and copy/paste rather
than quoting incorrectly from memory.

I suspect there must have been a "make" and probably a "make install"
around here, otherwise you wouldn't have any binaries. Again, please be
precise, and quote what you actually did.

>    3-> mounted the Dbus prefix Dir to taraget

I very much doubt your target platform is designed to expect D-Bus in
/home/Desktop. Think about your design. Where is D-Bus meant to be?
--prefix=/, --prefix=/usr or possibly --prefix=/usr/local is
conventional. You will probably also want to use --localstatedir=/var to
get a "normal" OS layout.

(This is not directly relevant to the error message below, but it's
probably going to be your next problem.)

>    4-> While running Dbus-launch I was getting /DBUS/: Failed to start
> message bus: Could not /get UID/ and /GID/ .

You haven't created the user and group under which the dbus-daemon's
configuration file configures it to run. Create that user, and that group.